California Woman Burned By Exploding E-Cig Awarded $1.9M

 Thursday, October 1, 2015

 FOX News

A California woman badly burned by an exploding electronic cigarette was awarded nearly $2 million Wednesday by a jury in a product liability suit, her lawyer said. Jennifer Ries of Corona was on her way to the airport in March 2013 when she plugged in her VapCigs e-cigarette charger and it spewed hot metal that ignited her dress, attorney Gregory Bentley said.
Her husband, Xavier Ries, tossed an iced coffee on her to extinguish the flames, but she was scarred for life by second-degree burns on her buttocks, thighs and hand, according to the lawsuit.
LitigationLiability
BROWSE RELATED NEWS ARTICLES