Christmas Tree To Blame For $9M Yacht Club Fire

 Thursday, December 24, 2015

 CBS Baltimore

Firefighters now say they know what caused that massive fire at the Annapolis Yacht Club last week. Derek Valcourt explains the blaze is being blamed on a common holiday hazard. Yet another fire caused by an electrical malfunction with an artifical pre-lit Christmas tree. It took firefighters hours to get the flames at the Annapolis Yacht Club under control. Though no one was seriously injured, damage estimates exceed $9 million. “We know the fire was electrical in origin,” said Annapolis Fire Department Chief John Bowes.
Property
BROWSE RELATED NEWS ARTICLES