Glass Business Severely Damaged By Overnight Fire

 Friday, March 25, 2016

 Bangor Daily News

A Bangor business sustained severe fire damage Wednesday night, but firefighters were able to prevent the blaze from spreading to a nearby building. “It was a great stop,” Assistant Fire Chief Darrell Cyr said around midnight, while crews searched for hot spots behind him. Firefighters were called to 543 Hammond St., home to Rice/Allied Glass, around 10:45 p.m. Brandy Fielding, who was in a nearby house on Webster Avenue, said she was getting ready for bed when she heard a series of “popping sounds, like firecrackers.” A few minutes later, she smelled smoke and called 911.
Property
BROWSE RELATED NEWS ARTICLES