Apartment Complex Fire Likely Started By Sparklers

 Tuesday, July 19, 2016

 Insurance News Net

A mother and kids lighting sparklers on a third-floor balcony started a fast-spreading apartment fire Saturday morning that cost 12 people their homes. Bremerton Fire Marshall Mike Six found four sparklers on the balcony of the complex at 321 Wycoff Ave., which caught fire around 8 a.m. He spoke to the 24-year-old resident who said she lit two sparklers with her children, ages 3 and 4. After the fireworks burned out, she placed them in a metal ashtray on the railing. She went inside to bathe one of the kids and came back 10 minutes later to find the balcony ablaze, the sliding glass door shattered by heat and flames lapping inside, Six said.
Excess & Surplus Lines
BROWSE RELATED NEWS ARTICLES