Cape Cod Home Catches On Fire After Lightning Strike

 Thursday, September 15, 2016

 Cape Cod Times

A house caught fire after a lightning bolt struck its chimney Wednesday night, according to Eastham fire Capt. Lisa Albino.
Two residents of 20 Stone Court heard a loud bang and evacuated the house at around 7:12 p.m., she said. Firefighters responded and found a fire burning the kitchen wall on the inside and the outside, she said. The chimney sustained extensive damage. Firefighters extinguished the fire after about 15 minutes, she said. No one was injured, but the house is currently uninhabitable and the residents are staying with friends.
Property
BROWSE RELATED NEWS ARTICLES