Salem Painter Electrocuted After Contacting Live Wires

 Wednesday, March 22, 2017

 CBS Boston

A contractor in Salem was killed Tuesday afternoon when he came in contact with a live wire and was electrocuted.
Around 3 p.m. the 59-year-old man was painting window sills on the side of a firehouse in a metal lift when the accident happened.“All of a sudden I just heard a loud pop and I saw a huge flame in the basket with a guy in it and then I just saw him collapse,” said Jenny Correia. Crew members waited for National Grid to turn the power off, so they could help the man who was stuck in the electrified metal basket.
Workers' Compensation
BROWSE RELATED NEWS ARTICLES

Downed wires lead to car fires in suburban NY

 Thursday, July 25, 2013

 The Wall Street Journal

Overturned school bus, driver charged

 Monday, February 18, 2013

 live5news.com

Salem floods damage 145 state vehicles

 Friday, January 27, 2012

 kptv.com

Blaze destroys 114-year-old Georgetown church

 Tuesday, October 25, 2011

 live5news.com

4 now dead after Salem home explosion

 Thursday, July 14, 2011

 wten.com

Thomasville officer faces insurance fraud charge

 Wednesday, February 16, 2011

 Winston-Salem Journal