Forecasters Predict Above-Normal Atlantic Hurricane Season

 Friday, May 26, 2017

 WESH

Forecasters say the Atlantic could see another above-normal hurricane season in 2017. National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration forecasters said that for the upcoming Atlantic hurricane season, which runs from June 1 through November 30, there is a 45 percent chance of an above-normal season, a 35 percent chance of a near-normal season, and a 20 percent chance of a below-normal season. Forecasters predicted 11-17 named storms, five to nine hurricanes and two to four hurricanes could be "major" with sustained winds of at least 111 mph. An average season produces 12 named storms, six of which become hurricanes, including three major hurricanes.
CatastropheProperty
BROWSE RELATED NEWS ARTICLES
FIND SERVICE PROVIDERS
1,000,000+ COMPANY LISTINGS
WEEKLY CLAIMS POLL

Which certification do you plan to achieve?