Christmas Lights Stapled To Wall Caused Kalamazoo House Fire

 Friday, December 22, 2017

 MLive

A string of Christmas lights damaged by stapling caused a Kalamazoo house fire, authorities said. The fire happened about 11:45 a.m. Wednesday, Dec. 20 at a house in the 2200 block of Regent Street. Firefighters arrived at the scene to find smoke coming from all sides of the house. They found fire in the living room that had spread into attic areas. Firefighters quickly extinguished the bulk of the fire.
Kalamazoo Department of Public Safety Fire Marshal Jim Williams determined that residents of the home had stapled Christmas lights to a wall and damaged the outer jacket of the cord in the process. The Christmas tree soon caught fire and flames spread to the attic.
Property
BROWSE RELATED NEWS ARTICLES