Historic Building Collapses After Massive Fire In De Pere, Wisconsin

 Wednesday, April 24, 2019

 WBAY

An historic building collapsed during a massive fire on De Pere’s east side. De Pere Fire Chief Alan Matzke says the firefighters responded to the building at 100 S. Broadway at about 12:30 a.m. They found heavy smoke in Ogan Restaurant on the the first floor. The fire woke people living in the building’s second floor apartments. Those residents started alerting other people in the building about the fire. "As residents began to wake up, alert each other, law enforcement arrived on scene. Law enforcement assisted with those evacuations. They were able to assist most of the people out," says Chief Alan Matzke.
Property
BROWSE RELATED NEWS ARTICLES