Unattended Candle Caused Illinois Apartment Fire, Damage Estimated At $3.5M

 Thursday, July 18, 2019

 Lake & McHenry County Scanner

Fire officials said that the massive three-alarm fire at a Crystal Lake apartment building early Wednesday morning was caused by an unattended candle and damage is estimated at $3.5 million.

The Crystal Lake Fire Rescue Department responded at 3:02 a.m. Wednesday to a report of a structure fire in the 500 block of Devonshire Lane.

Six minutes later the first fire crew arrived and found a two-story multi-family apartment style building with flames coming from the roof, Crystal Lake Fire Rescue Chief Paul DeRaedt said.
PropertySubrogation
BROWSE RELATED NEWS ARTICLES

PartyLite Candle Plant Suffers $1 Million in Fire Damage

 Monday, April 27, 2015

 Kane County Chronicle

Fire rips through vacant home, damages two others in Oregon

 Wednesday, May 28, 2014

 http://www.kptv.com/story/25631968/fire-rips-through-vacant-home-damages-two-others-in-greshamTV

Candle in freezer blamed for Hampton, NH, fire

 Thursday, July 26, 2012

 boston.com

Damage from five-alarm Fells Point fire estimated at $1.5M

 Tuesday, June 19, 2012

 The Baltimore Sun