Charles Town, West Virginia Home Leveled After Propane Gas Explosion

 Tuesday, November 12, 2019

 Loudon Times

Two were injured after a gas leak caused an explosion Monday afternoon, setting fire to a Cloverdale Heights home in Charles Town, West Virginia, said Larry Herbst, fire chief of Citizens Fire Department.

At approximately 12:45 p.m., an explosion set fire to a home on the 500 block of Cloverdale Road, injuring an HVAC technician that was working in the home and another person, Herbst said.

Herbst said he was unable to confirm if the second victim was an HVAC technician or someone who lived in the residence.

The HVAC technician was airlifted to Medstar Washington Hospital Center, and the second victim was driven to Jefferson Medical Center, Herbst said. He said the extent of their injuries were not immediately known.

“There were two HVAC technicians working on the heating and air conditioning system, and there was a gas leak that found an emission source and there was an explosion,” he said. The fire resulted in the home being a total loss, Herbst said.
Property
BROWSE RELATED NEWS ARTICLES