Fire Destroys Georgia Home After Christmas Tree Lights Left On Overnight

 Friday, December 13, 2019

 FOX News

A Georgia family of six escaped their burning home early Wednesday morning after their Christmas tree draped in lights was left plugged in overnight, causing the fire, officials said.

Emergency responders were called to the scene at 3:31 a.m. after reports of a structural fire with entrapment at 533 Worthington Gap Road. When Walker County Fire Rescue arrived, everyone inside had escaped the blaze.

A 60-year-old man suffered second- and third-degree burns, while four others were taken to the hospital and treated for smoke inhalation.

The fire marshall said electrical issues near the front living room wall caused the blaze, and a resident confirmed to officials that the Christmas tree lights had been left plugged in.

Smoke alarms within the residence alerted the family to the fire and allowed them to get out in time before the entire house was engulfed in flames.
Property
BROWSE RELATED NEWS ARTICLES

Christmas Tree Fire Fills Complex With Smoke, Injures 4

 Friday, December 21, 2018

 NBC 7 San Diego

’Tis The Season: Christmas Tree Fire Hazard

 Thursday, November 29, 2018

 Fayetteville Observer

Christmas Tree Suspected Cause Of Illinois House Fire

 Tuesday, December 19, 2017

 Chicago Sun Times

Christmas Lights Lead To House Fire

 Friday, December 8, 2017

 FOX 17

Christmas Tree To Blame For $9M Yacht Club Fire

 Thursday, December 24, 2015

 CBS Baltimore

Overnight Fire Destroys Chicago Church

 Monday, January 12, 2015

 FOX 32

Shots fired before fire, explosion destroys N.H. home

 Tuesday, May 13, 2014

 The Boston Globe

Menards recalls Christmas trees because of fire risk

 Thursday, December 19, 2013

 Quad-City Business Journal