The Institutes

1 Dead, 10 Injured In NYC House Fire Sparked By Lithium-Ion Battery

 Monday, January 23, 2023

 CBS News

A man is dead after a late-night house fire was sparked by a lithium-ion battery in New York City, according to officials.

According to the FDNY, firefighters were alerted to a blaze at a three-story home in Elmhurst, Queens, just after 11 p.m. on Friday. The second and third floors of the home were on fire.

When firefighters were able to access the home, they found a man on the second floor suffering from smoke inhalation. He was brought to Elmhurst Hospital, where he died, CBS New York reported.

Several other people were also injured. According to the FDNY, three people were transported to Elmhurst Hospital with minor injuries, two people were brought to Harlem Hospital Center and one person was transported to NewYork-Presbyterian Queens Hospital.
PropertyLife & Health
BROWSE RELATED NEWS ARTICLES

Ludicrous: AXA Staged Tesla Battery Fire Without The Battery

 Thursday, September 1, 2022

 Insurance Business

Holiday Tradition Sparked Fatal Brooklyn House Fire

 Wednesday, December 20, 2017

 ABC News

Sunshine on Crystal Doorknob Sparked House Fire

 Friday, August 8, 2014

 MSN News

Firefighters: Laptop battery set mattress on fire

 Monday, January 28, 2013

 kval.com

1 dead, 5 injured in Sartell paper mill fire

 Tuesday, May 29, 2012

 kare11.com

1 dead, 9 injured in Chicago high-rise fire

 Monday, January 9, 2012

 CNN US

One Dead, Two Seriously Injured In Coventry House Explosion

 Tuesday, November 8, 2011

 ctnow.com