A man is dead after a late-night house fire was sparked by a lithium-ion battery in New York City, according to officials. PropertyLife & Health
According to the FDNY, firefighters were alerted to a blaze at a three-story home in Elmhurst, Queens, just after 11 p.m. on Friday. The second and third floors of the home were on fire.
When firefighters were able to access the home, they found a man on the second floor suffering from smoke inhalation. He was brought to Elmhurst Hospital, where he died, CBS New York reported.
Several other people were also injured. According to the FDNY, three people were transported to Elmhurst Hospital with minor injuries, two people were brought to Harlem Hospital Center and one person was transported to NewYork-Presbyterian Queens Hospital.