Father Of Teen Who Died From Caffeine Overdose Sues Distributors, Amazon.com

Friday, March 6th, 2015 Liability Litigation

The father of an Ohio teenager who died after ingesting caffeine powder is suing online retailer Amazon.com and companies that distribute the powder, blaming them for not providing proper warnings about its dangers.

Eighteen-year-old Logan Stiner, a prom king and high school wrestler, died May 27 at home in LaGrange, southwest of Cleveland. A coroner said the caffeine in his system was 23 times the amount found in a typical soda- or coffee-drinker.

The lawsuit filed Friday in Lorain County claims the caffeine product is falsely labeled as a dietary supplement. It seeks damages of more than $25,000.

The suit alleges Stiner got the powder from an Elyria (eh-LEER’-ee-uh) woman who also is named as a defendant.

Messages seeking comment from Amazon.com Inc. were not immediately returned Friday.


Claims Pages Staff Writers are dedicated professionals covering a broad spectrum of insurance topics, including auto, catastrophe, education & training, fraud, legislation, liability, life & health, litigation, property, risk management, technology, underwriting, and workers' compensation. With over 25 years of distribution, our publication brings you accurate and timely information to keep you informed and ahead in the claims industry.


External References & Further Reading
http://www.startribune.com/lifestyle/health/295350791.html

Mid-America Catastrophe ServicesMid-America Catastrophe ServicesChurchill Claims ServicesU.S. Forensic

  Recent Provider Listings

Serving Florida Statewide
Florida Roofing Contractors
Serving the US
National Emergency Disaster Response Services
Serving Georgetown & Surrounding Areas
South Carolina Automobile Glass Glass Windows