1/13/2021 7:49:00 PM until 1/14/2021 11:01:00 PM EXPIRED
Turn around, don`t drown when encountering flooded roads. Most flood
deaths occur in vehicles.
Additional information is available at www.weather.gov.
The next statement will be issued by late tonight at 400 AM PST.
Forecast flooding changed from Minor to Moderate severity for the
following rivers in Washington...
Chehalis River Above Grand Mound affecting Grays Harbor and
...Forecast flooding increased from Minor to Moderate severity...
The Flood Warning continues for
the Chehalis River Above Grand Mound.
* Until Thursday evening.
* At 7:00 PM PST Wednesday the stage was 142.4 feet.
* Flood stage is 141.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and moderate flooding is forecast.
* Recent Activity...The maximum river stage in the 24 hours ending
at 7:00 PM PST Wednesday was 142.4 feet.
* Forecast...The river is expected to rise to a crest of 142.7 feet
late tonight. It will then gradually fall through the day Thursday.
* Impact...At 142.5 feet, the Chehalis River in Thurston County will
flood several roads in Independence Valley with swiftly moving
water including SR 12 and James, Independence, Moon and Anderson
Roads. Flood waters will cut off access to and from Chehalis
Reservation and inundate nearby farm lands. Some residential
structures may be threatened.