12/8/2021 6:46:00 AM until 12/10/2021 12:00:00 PM EXPIRED
Monitor the latest forecasts for updates on this situation.
WINTER STORM WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM THURSDAY EVENING
THROUGH FRIDAY MORNING...
* WHAT...Heavy snow possible. Total snow accumulations of 5 to 9
inches possible with lighter accumulations in the town of
Skagway itself. Winds could gust as high as 40 mph.
* WHERE...Upper Lynn Canal including Haines, Dyea, and the South
* WHEN...From Thursday evening through Friday morning.
* IMPACTS...Travel could be very difficult.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...There is a possibility of sea level
locations changing over to rain late Thursday night into
Friday morning, which could hold snowfall accumulations lower.
The town of Skagway looks to only receive 2 to 4 inches.
However, this is uncertain. The greatest confidence in
significant snowfall accumulations is for Haines and along the
South Klondike Highway to White Pass. The probability of
heavier snowfall is greatest between 9 PM Thursday evening and
9 AM Friday morning.