5/14/2022 2:51:00 AM until 5/16/2022 2:00:00 AM EXPIRED
Turn around, don`t drown when encountering flooded roads. Most flood
deaths occur in vehicles.
Be especially cautious at night when it is harder to recognize the
dangers of flooding.
Thunderstorms yesterday as well as this morning have left the
ground heavily saturated, with an estimated 3 to 5 inches of rain.
Runoff from excess precipitation may lead to washed out roads and
trails, especially for any hilly terrain.
...FLOOD ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 445 AM EDT EARLY THIS MORNING...
* WHAT...Flooding caused by excessive rainfall is expected.
* WHERE...Northern Marquette County
* WHEN...Until 445 AM EDT.
* IMPACTS...Minor flooding in low-lying and poor drainage areas.
Overflowing poor drainage areas.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...
- At 248 AM EDT, Doppler radar indicated heavy rain due to
thunderstorms. Minor flooding is ongoing or expected to begin
shortly in the advisory area. Between 1 and 2 inches of rain
- Additional rainfall amounts up to 1 inch are expected over
the area. This additional rain will result in minor flooding.
- Some locations that will experience flooding include...
Big Bay, Mountain Lake and Huron River Point.