5/14/2022 10:00:00 AM until 5/20/2022 5:01:00 AM EXPIRED
Motorists should not attempt to drive around barricades or drive
cars through flooded areas.
Turn around, don`t drown when encountering flooded roads. Most flood
deaths occur in vehicles.
River forecasts are based on current conditions and rainfall
forecasted to occur over the next 24 hours. During periods of
flooding...Evening forecasts are reissued with updated rainfall
Observed and forecasted stage data plots are available on our
Advanced Hydrologic Prediction Service web page at...
Under the Current Conditions section...Select River and Lakes AHPS.
The Flood Warning continues for the following rivers in
Ouachita River At Thatcher L&D affecting Bradley, Union and
...FLOOD WARNING NOW IN EFFECT UNTIL EARLY FRIDAY MORNING...
* WHAT...Minor flooding is occurring and minor flooding is forecast.
* WHERE...Ouachita River At Thatcher L&D.
* WHEN...Until early Friday morning.
* IMPACTS...At 83.0 feet, Access to oil and gas rigs and to timber
is flooded. Calhoun County Road 131 is completely under water
leading to old Lock 8 river access.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...
- At 9:30 AM CDT Saturday the stage was 83.0 feet.
- Forecast...The river is expected to fall below flood stage by
Wednesday evening, May 18, and continue falling to around
78.6 feet by Thursday, May 19.
- Flood stage is 79.0 feet.
Fld Observed Forecast 7 AM Crest
Location Stg Stg Day/Time Sun Mon Tue Crest Time Date
Thatcher L&D 79.0 83.0 Sat 9 AM 82.3 81.5 80.6 FALLING