2/7/2023 8:42:00 AM until 2/7/2023 8:45:00 PM EXPIRED
Turn around, don`t drown when encountering flooded roads. Most flood
deaths occur in vehicles.
Forecast includes rainfall on the ground and 24 hours of additional
Additional information is available at
The next statement will be issued Tuesday morning at 900 AM CST.
The Flood Warning continues for the following rivers in
Big Black River At West affecting Holmes and Attala Counties.
Big Black River Near Bovina affecting Warren and Hinds Counties.
Big Black River Near Bentonia affecting Madison and Yazoo
For the Big Black/Homochitto...including West, Bentonia, Bovina,
Rosetta...Moderate flooding is forecast.
...FLOOD WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE...
* WHAT...Minor flooding is occurring and minor flooding is forecast.
* WHERE...Big Black River Near Bovina.
* WHEN...Until further notice.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...
- At 8:15 AM CST Tuesday the stage was 32.4 feet.
- Forecast...The river is expected to rise to a crest of 34.0
feet Thursday evening.
- Flood stage is 28.0 feet.
Fld Observed Forecasts (6 am CST)
Location Stg Stg Day/Time Wed Thu Fri
Big Black River
Bovina 28.0 32.4 Tue 8 am CST 33.1 33.8 34.0