3/14/2023 1:40:00 PM until 3/16/2023 8:00:00 PM EXPIRED
You should monitor the forecast and be alert for possible Flood
Warnings. Those living in areas prone to flooding should be prepared
to take action should flooding develop.
Heavy rain will fall on a primed snowpack along the Mogollon Rim,
leading to an increase in snowmelt. Flows in rivers, creeks, and
streams are expected to increase quickly, potentially reaching
...FLOOD WATCH IS IN EFFECT FROM WEDNESDAY MORNING THROUGH THURSDAY
* WHAT...Flooding caused by rain and snowmelt will be possible.
* WHERE...Portions of central Arizona, including the lower
elevations of Yavapai County and northern Gila County.
* WHEN...From Wednesday morning through Thursday afternoon.
* IMPACTS...Flash flooding will be possible in creeks, normally dry
washes, and swimming holes. Low-water crossings could experience
flooding, which would create deadly travel conditions.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...
- Widespread heavy rainfall is expected along and south of the
Mogollon Rim tonight through Wednesday into Thursday morning.
Rain and snowmelt will combine to create enhanced runoff and
significant flows of waterways with many waterways already
measuring elevated flows.
- Visit www.weather.gov/safety/flood for more information on