Neb. man sues Wal-Mart, says overfilled plastic bag led to wife’s death

 Thursday, August 29, 2013

 Journal Star

A Plattsmouth woman’s widower has sued Wal-Mart and the maker of its plastic bags, alleging an overfilled bag given to her at a Bellevue store broke, and, in a strange twist, led to her death. William Freis of Plattsmouth said his wife, Lynette, went grocery shopping April 16, 2010, at the Wal-Mart Supercenter on 15th Street and the cashier gave her one plastic bag for two 42-ounce cans of La Choy and a 2-pound bag of rice. On her way to the car, the bag broke and one of the cans of La Choy fell on her right foot, breaking her big toe and causing a deep cut, the lawsuit says. William Freis’ attorney, Gage Cobb, said that led to an infection. Despite multiple rounds of antibiotics and two surgical procedures, Lynette Freis’ condition declined and infection spread throughout her body, which led to hospitalizations "and ultimately resulted in her death on March 12, 2011," according to the lawsuit.
LitigationLiability
BROWSE RELATED NEWS ARTICLES