Faulty pipe led to deadly carbon monoxide leak in NY: official

 Monday, February 24, 2014

 Reuters

A broken water heater flue pipe caused a carbon monoxide leak inside a restaurant at a mall on New York’s Long Island that killed one person and injured 27, a fire official said on Sunday. Terence McNally, chief fire marshal for the town of Huntington, said the malfunctioning pipe had allowed for the buildup of the deadly gas on Saturday in the basement of the Legal Sea Foods restaurant at the Walt Whitman Mall in Huntington Station, 40 miles east of New York City.
Workers' CompensationLiability
BROWSE RELATED NEWS ARTICLES