Suit: Woman Contracted MRSA After Injury In Kmart

 Friday, November 21, 2014

 Chicago Sun Times

A woman’s family claims in a lawsuit she died after contracting the antibiotic-resistant infection MRSA when she cut her leg on a shelf at a downstate Kmart store. Dolores Thompson was driving a store-provided motorized scooter on Nov. 15, 2012 when she “lacerated her right leg on a metal shelving unit when attempting to evade boxes” in a Kmart aisle, according to the suit filed by David Thompson, the woman’s son and administrator of her estate. The alleged incident happened at a now-shuttered Kmart at 11 Northpoint Dr. in Streator, about 50 miles southwest of Joliet, according to online records.