Alabama Family Sues Publix For Wrongful Death Of Son

 Wednesday, March 25, 2015

 USA Today

An Alabama family has filed a wrongful death lawsuit against Publix Super Markets Inc. because of their 11-year-old son’s death after eating a cookie they say was mislabeled from a store in Clarksville. Derek "Landon" Wood, 11, of Sterrett, Ala., died of anaphylactic shock on June 3, 2014, after eating a cookie from the local Publix, which the family says had not been marked as containing a food allergen. Since he was 4, Landon suffered from a food allergy. His mother, Beth Cline, carried an epinephrine pen for him.
LitigationLiability
BROWSE RELATED NEWS ARTICLES