Teen Convicted Of Starting Devastating 2014 San Diego Wildfire

 Wednesday, March 25, 2015

 FOX News

A 14-year-old girl was convicted Tuesday of starting last year’s devastating Cocos Fire by sparking a small fire in her backyard. The judge found her guilty of four of the five counts against her, including the one linking her to the Cocos Fire, though the judge said she did not intend to harm anyone. The blaze destroyed 36 homes and caused more than $10 million in damage last May. Outside the courtroom, one woman whose apartment burned in the Cocos Fire said she felt as if justice was served. "Like the judge says, there’s no winners in this," said Mitzi McKinney.
CatastrophePropertySpecial Investigations
BROWSE RELATED NEWS ARTICLES