Construction Workers Start Apartment Building Fire

 Wednesday, September 14, 2016

 Daily Herald

Orem firefighters responded to a two-alarm residential fire Monday afternoon. According to Ryan Peterson with the Orem Fire Department, the fire started at 730 E. 950 South at about 11:35 a.m. The fire was at building B of the Aston Apartments, part of the University Place complex near Costco. The blaze was caused by construction crews working on the building. "Some construction workers were doing some work, laying tar material, which ignited," Peterson said. Fire crews made entrance into and overhauled at least three apartments. Six units were damaged, with losses exceeding $100,000.
LiabilityExcess & Surplus Lines
BROWSE RELATED NEWS ARTICLES