Floridian Burned By Exploding Smartphone Files Suit

 Monday, September 19, 2016

 ABC News

A Florida man has filed what is believed to be the first lawsuit to result from a battery defect affecting Samsung Note7 smartphones. Jonathan Strobel, a resident of Palm Beach County, Florida, alleges in the suit that the phone was in his right pocket on September 9 when it exploded, causing "severe burns" to his leg, leaving him "in shock and extreme pain due to his injuries." A Samsung spokesperson told ABC News that the company is aware of the incident, but that it doesn’t "comment on pending litigation."
LitigationLiability
BROWSE RELATED NEWS ARTICLES